It’s time again to take a look at the players that may/will certainly miss out on European football this weekend. We’re speaking of the games in the Primera Division.
5. Diego Godin – Atletico Madrid travel to Las Palmas in desperate need of three points. However, they’ll have to try to do this without experienced defender Diego Godin. The player is out through suspension for receiving too many yellow cards.
4. Simone Zaza – Zaza is in the same position as Godin, of being suspended through receiving too many yellow cards. It’s an understatement to say that Valencia right now could do with all the help they can get. The team is in a disappointing 12th place as they travel to Madrid, to take on Real.
3. Yannick Carrasco – Carrasco will be out Atletico’s game plans through what unfortunately could be a more serious injury. Team doctors reported the player had suffered “grade I strain to his right clavicle”. Carrasco came on as a subsitute for Atletico in the 1-0 defeat to Villareal. After clashing with Antonio Rukavina, the player had to be taken out. Rumors after the game suggested Carrasco could have broken his collarbone. These concerns proved to be somewhat less serious. The player himself says he will try to be back in action by May 10th.
2. Gareth Bale – Depending on the time needed for recovery, Bale might be out for an entire month. The Welsh player had to be taken out in only the 38th minute of Real’s game against rivals Barcelona. Bale had missed Real’s previous two games. A statement from Real’s doctors said that the player had suffered “grade two injury in the calf of his left leg”. Reports in the Madrid papers have Bale out for around a month while he recuperates.
1. Andres Iniesta – Barcelona’s captain is almost certain to be out of Saturday’s important game against Espanyol. Iniesta is suffering from a groin injury. The midfielder is said to have trained with the team. However, manager Luis Enrique made the late decision to leave him out of the team. There has been no report about how long the team is expected to be without the player. While Barcelona are dealing with a host of injuries, the one silver lining is the return of striker Neymar from suspension.