It’s time again to take a look at the players that may/will certainly miss out on European football this weekend. We’re speaking of the games in the Premier League.
5. Hal Robson-Kanu – The West Brom striker is expected to miss his team’s next game against Leicester. Manager Tony Pulis confirmed the injury. Worse for West Brom fans is that Matt Phillips will also likely be absent due to an injury. West Bromwich are in a comfortable 8th place in the league, but the team hasn’t been lucky in front of goal for the last four games.
4. Mamadou Sakho – The defender could have suffered an injury to his anterior cruciate ligament in Wednesday’s game against Tottenham. Sakho’s Crystal Palace is playing Burnley on Saturday. The player’s recovery looks to be on a day-to-day basis. Manager Sam Allardyce has expressed his concern about the player’s health, but depending on the time needed for recovery, could play him against Burnley.
3. Mousa Dembele – Dembele suffered a minor ankle injury in the game against Crystal Palace. Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino is confident this will not be a serious injury for his player. Dembele has been in great form this season. The player made a significant contribution to Spurs’ current second place in the Premier League. However, the injury may see him out of the team that meets Arsenal on Sunday.
2. Marouane Fellaini – The Manchester United midfielder received a red card in the Manchester derby against City. The player was dismissed after heabutting striker Sergio Aguero. Fellaini had just received a yellow card, when he hit Aguero. It’s a difficult moment for United who has to rely on a small roster of players. Furthermore, Fellaini has played in most of United’s games this season. The Belgian has made 42 appearances in total.
1. Claudio Bravo – The Manchester City keeper is likely to be out for the remainder of the season. Bravo sustained an injury in the draw against rivals United. While Bravo’s performances this season have come under some criticism, at the moment his absence will surely affect City. Willy Caballero is set to take his place in the starting line-up.